|Learning and Teaching Platform Working Group (L&T WG)
Call for applications for WG members
The Platform for learning and teaching in music performance education aims to be a broad and inclusive network of AEC member institutions developing projects and activities to investigate, develop and strengthen learning and teaching processes in music performance education across all musical genres. The Platform will be jointly run by the AEC and the Norwegian Academy of Music through its Centre of Excellence in Music Performance Education (CEMPE).
The work will be coordinated by a ‘Learning and Teaching Working Group’ (L&T WG) chaired by the director of CEMPE.
AEC and CEMPE invite AEC member institutions to suggest candidates for the Learning and Teaching Working Group. We are looking for people that:
- display interest in learning and teaching issues and perspectives in higher music education;
- display interest in developing new approaches in collaboration with international partners;
- have extensive experience on teaching and learning issues in specific genres and an openness to develop cross-genre approaches on learning and teaching; are open to address the topic in its various aspects and with regard to multiple reference disciplines (i.e. learning theory, communication studies, psychology, social studies etc.).
The call is open to all AEC member institutions. AEC wishes to ensure a balanced composition of the WG in terms of geographical origin, expertise and gender.
- Please click here for a brief presentation of the Learning and Teaching platform.
- Please click here to read the terms of reference of the L&T WG.
Applications should be sent by email to the AEC Office at latest on 15th September 2017 (to the address email@example.com) and include the following documents in electronic form:
- The candidates’ CV and motivation letter
- A letter from the legal representative of the institution confirming the institution’s readiness to enable and recognize the participation of the candidate to the L&T WG (if selected) in line with the terms of reference of the L&T that have been published.
The decision on the appointment will be made by 15th October 2017 by a selection committee, consisting of members of AEC Council, AEC Office and CEMPE.